Please note: All 2020 events, including workshops and conventions, have been postponed until further notice due to COVID-19.
The Trappers Association of Nova Scotia invites all trappers and non-trappers to their Annual Workshop & Convention – 2021 date to be announced.
|– Workshop: $10.00 Admission Fee for Both Days|
– Convention: $5.00 Admission Fee for Non-Members/ Free for Members
No Pre-Registration Required
Ladies Auxiliary Meals for Purchase Available: Thursday Lunch Time, Friday & Saturday Breakfast & Lunch Time
No Sleeping Arrangements at Legion Anymore!
Don’t forget your tickets to the draw for a Newfoundland Moose Hunt! Tickets are $5.00 or 5 for $20.00
Organized by MountainTop Outfitters – check them out at www.mountaintopoutfittersnl.com
Tickets available at the convention or through Fred Sweet at 90 Walker Rd., New Ross B0J 2M0 (Call 902-689-2031)
|For More Information: Contact us @ 902-689-2528 or email: email@example.com|
Tentative Schedule of Events & General Information
Thursday & Friday Workshops
Thursday mainly deals with skinning, the pelting of animals, stretching the furs, and putting them to dry.
Friday deals with everything about different trap sets, turning the fur and sending to auction houses
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Pelt Preparation – Hands-on Practice for Everyone Attending (bring your own knife and apron if possible)
- Humane Trapping Demonstrations
- Preparation and Care of Trapping Gear
- The Latest Research from the Wildlife Division
- Discussions on Laws
- Regulations & Enforcement with DNR
- Trap Safety
- Fur Management
- and Other Topics
- 8:00 a.m. – Breakfast & Registration Begins for Pelt Competition Entries
- 9:00 a.m. – Meet and Greet, Pelting & Trapping Demonstrations, Membership Renewals
- 10:00 a.m. – Deadline for Pelt Competition Entries – See Judging Criteria for Pelt Competition
- Open Pelt Competition, Judging, and Comments
- 11:00 a.m. – Sportsman’s Auction (Donations of New or Like-New Items Appreciated)
- 12:00 p.m. – Dinner Sponsored by the Ladies Auxiliary of Kentville Legion
- 1:00 p.m. – Announcement of Competition Winners, Presentation of Awards, Certificates, and Prizes
- Introduction of Special Guest Speakers
- 2:30 p.m. – Annual General Business Meeting
- Minutes of Previous AGM
- Election of Officers
- President’s-Financial-Nominating Committee Reports, Other Business